Monday, December 18, 2017

Why You May Want to Try Curly Hair Products for Help With Dry, Damaged Hair

back-of- curly-brunette's-head.jpeg
You may want to consider trying some curly hair care products for your hair type, too!


As I mentioned, I have some natural curl in my hair.  When it is one length, the weight of my thick hair flattens the curl into more gentle waves than full curls.  The story changes once I get a layered cut.  The more layers, the more curls that spring up.  Despite how I style my hair, I still always turn to curly hair products to tame and boost moisture more often than other varieties.

The reason I keep coming back to curly hair products is because of the extra moisture this type provides my dry hair for more thorough conditioning.  The reason for more intensive lubrication in this formula is due to handling this hair’s unique texture and porosity. 

The degree of curl determines how heavy the emollients in the formula are most likely to be.  For example, the products for tight, small curls have the richest ingredients for moisture such as shea butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil for keeping the strands healthy and at their best. On the other hand, a lighter form can be in a product such as a spray.  You just need to experiment and find the right formula that won't weigh your hair down.

Curly hair products also have more ingredients for strengthening, which is another reason to love them when the hair is brittle. If you want to rescue suffering, damaged or coarse hair, try some curly hair products like a smoothing creme, conditioner, mousse etc. and see the extra conditioning benefits that you’ll find in addition to styling.   Give it a try and you'll see how much faster that your hair will come back to its former glory!