Tuesday, January 23, 2018

PUR Cosmetics Contour Diaries Review

Contour-Diaries.jpeg
 You can call attention to your best features and diminish bad ones with this one palette!



Most people aren’t born with perfect features.  Since I happen to be one of them, I always found contouring and highlighting helpful to improve my facial structure more to my liking.  Lately, I have been experimenting with PUR Cosmetics Contour Diaries palette to see what is possible with their highlighting and contouring powders.

This palette comes with six shades of three highlights: Charm (light pink/peach), Dream (golden tone) and Flirt (warm peach-beige).  The three contour shades are Secret (pale brown), Passion (warmer medium brown), and Mystery (dark brown).  Just like all PUR’s products, this is 100% cruelty-free, vegan and free of any health risking parabens.

To really appreciate what this palette can do is using it with a contour blending brush over a plusher blush or powder brush.  The reason is that you don’t want to pick up more pigment than necessary, only enough to meet the highlighting or contouring task.  Otherwise, you will overload your face with heavy, unflattering streaks.

The powders are soft, smooth and nicely-pigmented.  They do stir up a little dust, but not excessively so as some powders can.  Being light-skinned, the contour shade that appeared the most natural on me was Secret.  Passion appears almost like a warm bronzer on me.  Mystery can make a great deep brown matte eye shadow.  However, I am using it with an eye shadow brush to subtly contour my nose over the larger contour brush.  I also loved how easily these powders are to custom mix your own shade such as the Secret/Mystery blend for my nose.

Have you tried PUR Cosmetics Contour Diaries Palette ($32.00) yet?  If not and you’re hoping to find a great set, this one won’t disappoint you.  Check it out.


disclaimer.jpeg