Saturday, January 6, 2018

Try My DIY Charcoal Mask for the Ultimate Deep Clean


charcoal-powder.jpeg
Charcoal acts like a magnet for how it pulls toxins from deep within the pores.


For those times when I am wearing a lot of heavier makeup, I find a charcoal mask is exceptional for purging the pores of any traces of grime or impurities that my makeup remover may have left behind with how deeply it can clean.  My complexion feels tingly clean once I finish with how the charcoal manages to pull out the toxins for the freshest skin possible.  

Any skin type can benefit from this DIY charcoal mask.  To counteract the drying effect of the charcoal for someone like myself with dry skin, I added a little honey for help with moisturizing since it is a natural humectant as well as serving an anti-bacterial ingredient.  I also added castor oil to further power this mask due to it ricinoleic acid that helps fight bacteria, unclog the pores and defend against irritation.

I never thought much about the type of water when experimenting with any homemade skin care recipes because usually I didn’t have much to save or kept it that long.  However, the more that I thought about it, the more I decided it might be better to make a change.  Now I have been using distilled water or boiled water as a precaution to limit any possible contamination just in case of any left over product.


My DIY Charcoal Mask

2 teaspoons of powdered activated charcoal
2 teaspoons of distilled water or cooled, boiled water
2 drops of tea tree oil
½ teaspoons of honey
½ teaspoons of castor oil

Stir the charcoal and water first in a small bowl until mixed.  

Add the tea tree oil, the honey and castor oil next and mix with the charcoal mixture to form a smooth paste.

Apply this mask to your freshly washed face and leave on for about 9-12 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. 

Close the pores with cool, not cold water.