Monday, February 26, 2018

How to Be More Organized Dressing for Your Morning

Too many dresses can hamper how well that you're organizing in the morning.


Everyone has their own method when it comes to getting ready for work in the morning.  I am a stickler for organizing my outfit to accessories the night before.  I  like to lay out my clothes to my lingerie, handbag and shoes that I intend to wear the next day.  To me, this small amount of time that I devote to planning ahead simplifies rushing around the next morning or encountering a problem that could delay me.


The Advantages of Organizing the Night Before


This way I can see if the piece needs pressed, a button or in need of a little repair.  Preplanning the night before also saves me time in the morning switching bags or hunting for the right pair of shoes so I can have a more leisurely breakfast.   

To further simplify, I have a system that makes changing handbags easier than dumping and transferring everything.  I use a few zippered pouches to divide up what I need.   A few already loaded pouches are easier to switch out than sorting things individually.  Read my earlier organizing handbags post for further details and tips.

If you’re more the free-spirit that likes to dress according to how you feel in the morning, I have some suggestions that can also help make it easier getting dressed for your morning.  


Don’t Cram Too Many Clothes in Your Closet


The more outfits that you have in your closet, the more you risk the dreaded wrinkle to ruin your look.  Give your outfits some room between each can save you from wasting more time searching for another suitable choice.


Your Choice of Fabric Can Either Delay or Speed Your Morning Dressing Routine


If you hate to pull out the iron or the steamer, then you need to think about the fabric you tend to wear.  Wools and synthetic fibers like polyester, acetates and nylon usually won’t heavily wrinkle.  A piece can have as little as five to 20 percent to help lessen the chance of wrinkling. 

You can also distract the eye from some slight wrinkles in your outfit by a print pattern or a turning to a crinkled cotton fabric.  

Whether you like to be organized or just go with the flow, I hope these few suggestions help further inspire your morning organizing and dressing routine.