Sunday, March 18, 2018

My Cake Like Oatmeal Drop Cookies Recipe Will Spoil You


cake-like-oatmeal-drop-cookies.jpeg
These puffy delights of oatmeal and coconut are soft, but chewy.


Yesterday, I needed something to punch so I turned to bread making and took my anger out onto a poor wad of dough.  Trust me, vigorously kneading and beating bread is very therapeutic when you need some kind of release for negative emotions.  The dough didn’t feel a thing, but I as you surely might guess did feel better by the time I shaped those breads into their loaf pans.


plate of cake-like-oatmeal-cookies.jpeg
You can make them as big or as small as you like, but give them space to grow.  

On second thought, a punching bag is not a bad idea if you have the room for it in your home for working out stress.  In fact, I think I would like to have one that you could use for kick boxing for an extra workout.   Think of all the calories that you burn and muscles that you use attacking that bouncing bag as you strike those blows and kicks to its synthetic middle as it hangs at your mercy from the ceiling.  Since I would never have the space for such a thing or one of those big vinyl bags that the kids play with, I will stick getting physical with dough instead.


Though as delicious as my Oatmeal Bread turned to be, I missed baking a weekend treat.  Therefore, I decided to make this recipe because I needed my weekly sweet.  After carefully going through my assortment of recipe boxes, I finally narrowed my choice to my Cake Like Oatmeal Drop Cookie.


cake-like-texture-of-oatmeal-cookies.jpeg
These cookies have a tender, cake-like texture.


As you may have gathered by now, I also hate complicated recipes that are more trouble than they are worth.  What I’m sharing here is easy and will not require long creaming any hard butter or shortening with your sugar.  I saved you a step by using oil, which is also healthier, especially if you use the corn oil.   It also simplifies steps for easier incorporating of the ingredients into this recipe.  

My Cake Like Oatmeal Drop Cookies are puffy nuggets with just enough shredded coconut to make them addictive once you start eating.  They are soft, but chewy and will go great with coffee or a glass of milk.

I hope the next time that you decide to bake some cookies that you’ll want to these oatmeal cookies because they are really good.  If you also love oatmeal cookies, you can find more of my recipes such as Chewy Oatmeal Delights, my convenient oatmeal cookie mix, my favorite oatmeal coconut cookies, which is rammed with lots more coconut, to my oatmeal banana cookies to my spicy oatmeal drop cookies.


My Cake Like Oatmeal Drop Cookies


5-1/2 cups of sifted flour
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar (light or dark)
1 cup of corn oil
2 cups of oatmeal (quick or old-fashioned)
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of baking powder, leveled
3 large eggs
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of baking soda, leveled
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2/3 cups of grated coconut
1 teaspoon of lemon juice or white vinegar



Mix the oil with the sugars and eggs until creamy.  

Dissolve the soda the milk that you added the vinegar or lemon too.

Sift the rest of the dry ingredients and slowly alternate with the milk mixture and vanilla into your mixing bowl that has the sugars and eggs.  Beat with your electric mixer or a whisk until the ingredients are well combined.

Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets. 

Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 10-12 minutes, depending on how your oven is regulated.  Test with a toothpick, slender knife or a cake tester to see if anything sticks.

ENJOY!