Thursday, August 14, 2014

Review: Blush Mystery Beauty Box August 2014

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Blush Mystery Beauty Box August 2014.jpeg
Blush Mystery Beauty Box August 2014


Don't you wish that you could try every product that beauty editors obsess over?  A monthly beauty subscription may be the solution without dropping your entire salary in the process.  One that I happen to think is fabulous for trying the latest skin care, makeup, hair products or fragrance from upper end brands is Blush Mystery Beauty Box. Each monthly selection is valued at $100 or more of full to travel products hand picked by the company's panel of astute beauty experts for just that reason.

This month's selection is all about beating the heat with six wonderful products. Take a look at what I received below.
Blush Mystery Beauty Box (August 2014):

1.  Dr. Brandt BB Matte with Signature Shine Erase (Light to Medium)--Full Size--$39.00

2.  Skinmedica Dermal Repair Cream--Sample (.25 oz.)--$18.23

3.  Nailtiques Color Lacquer with Protein--Full Size--Milan 315--$10.00

4.  Nick Chavez Plump 'N Thick Thickening Shampoo--Sample (2 oz.)--$6.00

5.  Neuma Style Texturizer--Full Size--$24.00

6.  Pixi by Petra Lid Last Shadow Pen (Graphite Glint)--Full Size--$18.00


Total Value:  $115.23!


The Dr. Brandt BB Matte had a creamy consistency, but dries rather quickly. It provided semi-sheer, matte coverage in a color that suited by light complexion. I had worried the formula wouldn't be appropriate for my dry skin since it was intended for oily/combination skin, but it felt weightless and comfortable.

The Skinmedica Dermal Repair Cream is a brand I hear a lot of good things about.  Since I am currently testing another skin care product, I will need to wait to see how it performs on my face until I finish with the project.

The Nailtiques Color Lacquer is something I am excited about with its protein in the formula. Anything to keep my nails strong looks like a winner to me.  Milan is a gorgeous shimmering burgundy color and one that will be ideal for Fall. 

The Nick Chavez Plump 'N Thick Thickening Shampoo smells incredibly and produces rich lather. My hair is thick but I do have some layers.  This stuff did give me a bit more body to the curls as well as glossy sheen.

The Neuma Style Texturizer was a big hit with me with my layers. This product could really work my natural curl while being powerful enough to hold back my side swept bangs.  

I liked my new Pixi by Petra Lid Last Shadow Pencil for how it simplified doing a smoky eye. It was thin enough to use as eyeliner that you can later smudge for that mysterious effect.   
This was an outstanding collection by their panel of beauty experts that really helps polish your summer beauty off in style. 

Blush Mystery Beauty Box runs $24.95 for a monthly subscription or ordering a one-time box at $34.95. Regardless of how you order, you never pay any shipping fee, which only adds to the beauty of what they have to offer. Do check out this beauty subscription service out and evolve into a prettier, more polished YOU!

***This beauty subscription box is out of business.***